Sunday, October 18, 2009

If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lay with me and just forget the world?

My most favorite band is hands down Snow Patrol, and I've been kicking myself for not going to their last two concerts here. So even though I had to drive to Provo I bucked up and bought the tickets and went. I have a really good concert buddy in Conly (believe it or not, he's really good to his little sister) and my friend Sarah, from work, and also my friend Callen came with us. I LOVED it! Sadly I knew every song, except for one which is new, its called Just Say Yes. And its so good, Snow Patrol has such a great sound that is uniquely theirs. And the lead singer is hilarious! A. They are from Ireland, so that makes me love them even more. and B. The dude is just random! During one of the slower songs people were waving their cellphones back and forth (because cellphones are the new lighters?), he looked out at the audience and said "You're cell phones look really funny... like little aliens... hello little aliens" and "We're very sorry to inform you that we have desecrated your tennis courts this morning. We are from Ireland, where it rains A LOT. Ever notice that there aren't any famous athletes from Northern Ireland? That is because it rains and we all stay indoors, and become musicians" I just thought it was funny that he said they desecrated the tennis courts with their playing. I have a bit of a crush on him now, so if any of you guys out there that might be reading this want to know how to get me to crush on you: 1. become Irish. 2. become a musician and form a band like Snow Patrol. 3. Make me laugh a lot. ... okay, step number three is the most attainable, I wont hold the rest against you. Normally I just see a band once, but I for sure will be seeing them again!



This one looks blurry, but this is what it really looked like. They were going for the shadow effect I guess. This is now the background on my phone!
Here's the snowflake. How could you have Snow Patrol without the snow flake? The last song they played is actually three songs they penned and combined into one. It has an animated video that goes along with it. Its called The Lightning Strike. I could only find a live version of it, but it was really cool, the perfect encore piece!

2 comments:

Pianojo said...

Yes you've even made me the heavy metal rocker a fan. Thank for sharing.

memmenkay said...

Yes, I often here them playing in the background in your office. Or maybe that is just a ploy to get me to come to your office more often... lol