Wednesday, September 23, 2009

So long...


Today was a sad day for my family. It came time to let our 13 year old dalmatian go. He'd been slowly declining in health and couldn't even really walk today. This is the first dog that we've had this long, most of our dogs end up finding new homes after we finish their championships. Tux was different, though, from day one he was ours. He was my mom's boy. One of her proudest moments was putting a Best in Show on him. He was a gorgeous dog, with so much personality! I don't think I've ever met a dog that was more sassy! It's a strange thing to think about him being gone, he's always been here, he was born in my basement when I was in 4th grade. Sometimes I thought my mom loved him more than she did us! He was a good dog, and its good that he isn't suffering any longer. So long Tuxedo. We'll miss your quirky personality, old man.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. What a beautiful dog!! It's amazing how pets really do become part of the family and you mourn their passing just like any family member.

Allreds said...

Sorry about your dog. =(