Thursday, May 8, 2008

And she is gradumacated


Holy Crap... I graduated. I am now a college graduate. What the crap do I do now? I'm finding it to be a strange feeling, I have so much uncertainty of what I should do now. I know that I should really look for a real job now, I'm ready to be done with Walmart, but I really like using it as a security blanket at the moment. This is just one of those big steps that I'm feel so inept upon taking.
Graduating was really great, Conly and I got to graduate/walk at the same ceremony. I loved looking down at my mom as she took pictures of me crossing the stage. I did really well with the water works too, until they had us stand up and thank our parents forsupporting us by round of applause. I found my mom in the crowd, and once again the waterworks that she so willingly passed down to me started up! I have the greatest parents and brother, they are always there for me no matter what I do. From ballet recitals (which were pretty sad since I always turned the opposite direction of all the other ballerinas) to coaching softball teams, my parents were always there, and for this I am very thankful. It sounds very cliche, but I really couldn't have done it without them.
So with that, here are the lovely pictures from graduation!




The Graduates


The Family


Me, Grandma, Con


Before graduation I couldn't have told you that she was the head of the English department, but I got to shake her hand as I crossed the stage (then I promptly had to ask someone who she was when I sat down- still couldn't tell ya her name.)

Jeremy and I showing off the "covers" that our diplomas will go in once they are sent to us, cross your fingers that we actually pass!

2 comments:

Prashant Kumar Chhetri said...

cool yaar.

i have just stepped into undergradute studies.I m going to be a mechanical engineer...What did you opted as the subject for studies for you?

mkm said...

Oh cute! I have no idea who that lady is either. I was wondering when I saw the pictures on facebook...I'll try to learn before I graduate so I don't have to ask around!
I had the same problem when I was in ballet except I was a foot taller than everyone else and like 50 pounds heavier. I stuck out a lot in a leotard. Stupid petite girls...
Just be brave and start applying for jobs. I know all about that! I have zero of the requirements for my job and I'm struggling through it okay!?